I am focused on crafting compelling user experiences, facilitating ef cient team environments, and delivering solutions at scale. My leadership has helped deliver tangible, lasting results across all projects. I best perform within challenging, dynamic environments.
Senior Product Manager, Developer Experience / Twitch
Working to make Twitch the place where developers build businesses by creating new interactive experiences on live video content, such as e-sports and gaming.
Head of Product / Grok
Owned the entire Grok platform experience, from design to delivery. Delivered several iterations of the product against an aggressive product roadmap. Grew team with high quality talent despite constrained, bootstrapped budget.
- Managed delivery of 30+ releases, enhancing platform usability with integrations, a REST API and integrated backend billing.
- Managed an agile development team, including off-shore resources.
- Developed roadmap and designs for next-generation release, enabling advanced incident detection across multiple concurrent streams at scale.
- Created outbound campaigns and streamlined sales funnel across web, chat, social media, and conferences to drive inbound leads.
Strategic Advisor / Attrana
Helps small businesses to attract highest value customers by applying ML analytics to customer data to create personas, used as an anchor for sales and marketing campaigns.
Offering Manager / IBM Cloud
- Lead the business strategy, design execution, and product quality across a portfolio of cloud fabric offerings representing $500M+ in cumulative revenue streams on IBM’s cloud platform, Bluemix.
- Crafted cross-cutting scenarios that defined the future of the IBM Cloud strategy based on customer and user feedback.
Design Team Lead / IBM Cloud
- Lead a team of eight designers and multiple engineering squads to deliver three major cloud services on Bluemix within one quarter.
- Coordinated design across multiple release cycles with leaders in both development and product management across multiple geographies.
Designer / IBM Design
- Designer at the ground level of a major transformation of the company to reinvigorate product development through a new framework — IBM Design Thinking.
- Worked with a cross-functional team of designers, developers and managers to GA IBM’s Cloud Platform offering: Bluemix
- Worked on several types of projects with an internal and external focus, practicing design with a wide variety of people across different disciplines.
Local Lead / IXDA Bloomington
- Organizer and local leader for local IXDA chapter in Bloomington. IXDA is a professional organization of designers whose collective mission is to “improve the human condition by advancing the discipline of Interaction Design.”
- Organized events for over 100 members, including securing venues, planning activities, and acting as a liaison to the parent organization.
UX Designer (Intern) / Aprimo, Inc. (a Teradata Company)
- Worked with design team to create specification documents and wireframes for next generation Aprimo Marketing Studio offering;
- Focused on information architecture, interaction design, and market competitive analysis;
- Interviewed several users for research to guide the designs.
Founder, Executive Producer / Weekly Download, LLC
- Discussions on the latest technology news with flavors of speculation and philosophy;
- Website custom configured based on WordPress;
- 10000 podcast downloads on iTunes
Assistant Instructor / School of Informatics and Computing, IU Bloomington
- Assisted with instruction to undergraduate informatics students in interaction and experience design;
- Mentored and graded teams on design projects
Technical Team Coordinator / University Information Technology Services (UITS)
- Pioneered the reorganization of consulting model in campus computer labs by leading and organizing a specialized team of consultants to handle in-room dorm appointments;
- Project manager for restructuring of training system; streamlined data- base of documents by leading a team of 26 people to complete the task in 2 months;
- Managed 120 consultants and 25 supervisors across 60 labs
Web Designer / BidPal Networks
- Helped develop ground breaking iPhone OS software to manage silent auctions;
- Designed, implemented and tested Intranet software
Data and Web Services Administrator / Indiana Philosophy Ontology (InPhO)
- Helped to beta test the world’s first dynamic philosophy ontology;
- Tasks included data entry, moderation, beta testing, and maintaining database architectures
MS Human-Computer Interaction/Design (May 2013)
Indiana University, Bloomington
BS Cognitive Science (May 2011)
Indiana University, Bloomington
Software Sketch 3.0, Adobe CC, Unbounce, Curated, TweetDeck, Hootsuite, Streak CRM, Salesforce, Google Apps, Zapier
Personal product strategy, interaction design, idea synthesis, public speaking, group facilitation, agile development management, writing
Forbes 30 Under 30, 2016
IU Bloomington College of Arts and Sciences “20 Under 40,” 2017 (Inaugural)
Tech In Motion OC Startup of the Year, Finalist, 2017
Tech.Co Startup of the Year, Honorable Mention, 2017
PBC 1 Ranking (top 1% of IBM employees), 2015
Informatics Graduate Fellowship, 2011
Sigma Xi Undergraduate Research Award, 2011
Indiana University Student Foundation Scholarship, 2011
Cognitive Science Outstanding Contribution, 2011
Cognitive Science Outstanding Undergraduate Research, 2010
IU Incentive Grant, 2010
UITS Most Valuable Supervisor, 2009, 2010
UITS Consultant of the Semester, 2009
Dean’s List, 2008
Criss, A.H., Malmberg, K., Shiffrin, R.M., & Gangwani, T. (2012). “Output Interference in Recognition Memory.” Psychological Science and Review. Online (PDF).
Gangwani, T., Kachergis, G., Yu, C. (2010). “Simultaneous Learning of Category and Object Names.” Proceedings of the 32nd Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society. Portland, OR. Online (PDF).
Gangwani, T., Kachergis, G. (2009). “Simultaneous Noun and Category Learning via Cross-Situational Statistics.” iCogSci: Indiana Undergraduate Journal of Cogsci. Bloomington, IN. Online (PDF).
Advisory Board Memberships
Advisory Board Founding Member, 2017 – Present
Human Computer Interaction Design Program
Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing
Advisory Board Member, 2015 – Present
Cognitive Science Program
Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences
INFO I-591: Interaction Design (Fall 2012)
Instructor: Martin Siegel
INFO I-300: Human Computer Interaction-Design (Spring 2011 & 2012)
Instructor: Martin Siegel
COGS Q-240: Philosophical Foundations in Cognitive Science
Instructor: Robert Rose